Tom Butler regularly gives public presentations on wildlands philanthropy, wilderness protection, and other conservation topics. For land trust and other conservation group gatherings, conferences, foundation trustee meetings, academic symposia, or other events, Butler can provide an inspirational presentation on how private indivividuals have invested their energy and wealth to help save natural areas across the decades and around the globe. Using Antonio Vizcaíno’s stunning nature photography from Wildlands Philanthropy, Butler’s talks explore the rich history and current flowering of a grand tradition, and potential for conservation philanthropy to expand the constituency for land protection into the future. Contact us to discuss your event and availability.
A partial selection of Butler’s past speaking engagements includes:
• Eighth World Wilderness Congress, Anchorage AK [plenary talk]
• Society for Environmental Journalists annual conference, Burlington, VT [session panelist]
• Duke University’s Nicholas School of the Environment, Durham, NC [plenary talk]
• Northeast Wilderness Trust reception/fundraiser, Portland, ME [keynote]
• Squam Lakes Conservation Society Annual Meeting, Holderness, NH [keynote]
• International Forum on Globalization teach-in, Washington, DC [plenary talk]
• Environmental Grantmakers Association annual retreat, Albuquerque, NM [session panelist]
• Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation environmental breakfast series, New York, NY [keynote]
• The Nature Conservancy NH Chapter Trustees retreat, Hancock, NH [keynote]
• Lectures at Carlton College, St. Olaf College, University of Vermont, Middlebury College, Green Mountain College, and other academic institutions.
Antonio Vizcaíno has for many years been a full-time global traveler, seeking out the last best places to photograph nature’s beauty. His many books have established him in the first rank of landscape photographers. A major public exhibit and media campaign built around his book Water was mounted to coincide with the 4th United Nations World Water Forum, held in Mexico City. He has given presentations and mounted exhibitions of his photography in multiple countries. As his schedule allows, Vizcaíno is available to address audiences in Latin America, and events related to landscape photography, art & nature, and using photography to advance conservation. Contact us to discuss your event.